School Walkways and Entrances
- Project: Walkway Canopy, Henry Bloom School, Isle of Man
- Description: School Walkways and Entrances
- Client: Henry Bloom Noble School
- Location: Isle of Man
- Applications: Playground Walkway Canopy
- Fabric: PVC Coated Polyester
- Frame: Mild Steel
- Fixings: Stainless Steel
- Ref: 2060
We are delighted to have completed this installation, in time for the new school year, of the three walkway and entrance canopies.
Installed in two phases, the frame was fitted earlier in the year when the foundations were exposed and the main building works were underway.
The second phase of fitting the fabric occurred in July, meaning the site was clean and the risk of dirt or paint from other surfaces was hugely reduced.
The form (born from the hypar shape) forces all the rain water forward to the low struts, where a hopper detail alloys the water to flow internally, down the galvanised frame to ground level, where it discharges to a pre-installed surface drain.